A large heart is one that holds the things of God in high esteem; serves God with readiness – all the times; is joyful in serving God and always wants to serve God.
In 1 Kings 3:4, “Now the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there, for that was the great high place: Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings on that altar”. NKJV
WHO POSSESSES A LARGE HEART?
Large heart is not a gift of the Holy Spirit and neither a Fruit of the Spirit: The attitudes of a person toward the works of God give ‘a large heart’.
When you serve God with a righteous heart: Your relationship with God grows bit by bit – into the measure of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
What this means is ‘pot holes to watch out for when serving God’. God is never a respecter of person/man: Hence, a great precaution must be taken in His service. Yet, God is not wicked.
You must be careful of:
- Your thoughts (James 1:13-15).
- Your lips (James 3:2).
- Your feelings (Pro 4:23).
- Your leaders, followers and family members (1 king 13:11-22; 2 king 5:23-27; and Job 2:9).
EFFECT OF THIS LARGE HEART
- It boosts the confidence of people in God.
- It advances the work of the ministry.
- It sets you higher: God will cause men to work for you.
- Your name is written in Gold.
- Your life will never be backward.
Conclusion: everything that a man sets his heart on could be achieved… God created men with the ability to make choices and Christ gives us the ability to make right choices, except that we live a sinful life.