“Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matt 16:28, NKJV.
If Jesus made the statement above and it is recorded in the Bible which Christians read and believe all over the world, then it is not true that the world might come to an end.
Such deluded interpretations cannot be far-fetched when a person, especially an atheist or non-believer of Christ is trying to justify his or her views of impossibility on the second coming of Jesus Christ.
This Bible verse (Matt 16:28) must not be treated in isolation
It should be recalled that Jesus was not born through intercourse between a man and a woman (Joseph and Mary), but through the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit on the woman (Mary), according to Matt 1:18-23.
The basis of the argument here is that Jesus Christ, who was not born in the manner of all men, can never be wrong in any of His actions. He is a part of the creation of God, and is referred to as the ‘Wisdom of God’ by whom the creation was made, John 1:1-5.
What is the assurance that proves the mind-set of Jesus not coming back wrong?
We have the assurance of the birth, the death, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ, with the confirmation of His ascension to heaven, “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power”, 1 Cor 15:19-24, NKJV.
Furthermore, we can, avidly, hold sway of the words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 24, in which He predicted some signs that will define the end of the world and usher in Jesus to take the harvest of the world.
In Matthew 24, Jesus predicted the following:
- For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.
- And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
- For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
- Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.
- And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
- And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
- And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
What will truly happen for Jesus to come then?
Against all antagonists’ statements and dubious philosophical hypotheses that out-rightly disregard the second coming of Jesus Christ, we are announcing to you (all that are being held captive, all that are holding people captive, and all that are attempting to put themselves in captivity – through philosophical statements) that Christ will come back in glory when the gospel of the Kingdom is preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations.
Unsurprisingly, there have been some onslaught by the devil-possessed agents to halt the dissemination of the gospel of Christ through violence and terrorism, but suffice it to say that, the Kingdom of our God is marching forward and the gate of hell is not prevailing against it. Though, there are still some places that are closed against the gospel of Christ – there is enormous possibility through the internet. We will advance the message of the gospel through all means available, while abiding by the rules and the dictates of the law that govern our society. Not as sinners or law-breakers, but as people that are not under the law.
What must you do now that you know that Jesus is coming back?
We advise you to run for your dear life. Seek your salvation out of the enclave of philosophers that want to push you to hell. Run to Jesus that gives life abundantly. Run from the destruction and the judgments that are coming upon the world, after the resurrection of the dead – in Christ, Matt 24:29-31.
Quickly say the prayer below and find peace with God in your heart
God I appreciate you for this time, in which I could give myself (a whole) to you.
I appreciate you so much, because your love has found me. I realise that you are a great and merciful God, who forgives the inequities of men. I humble my heart before you Lord, and I pray that my sins be forgiven me so that I may inherit your Kingdom with eternal glory.
Father, uphold me with your right hand of righteousness that I may not look back into the world, again.
Thank you Father for answering my prayers, in Jesus name: Amen.
Our instructions for you:
- Please, locate a fellowship centre and start to worship God with them.
- Get a bible that you can read on your own.
- Constantly pray for open sight (by the Holy Spirit).
- Pray for the grace to live by the words of God that you read from the Bible.
- Try, as much as possible, to share the gospel of Christ with people in your life, on your way, and in your contacts.
Remain blessed of the Lord.